Posted in Awards and Tags on Monday Sept. 29, 2014, 3:55 a.m.
I was recently surprised to find a nomination to a Liester Award from Luka at kitchen-experiments.com. The Liebster Award is an Award given to new bloggers to learn more about each other and share a few of their favourite blogs with readers. I had a chance to look over his site and it's definitely worth a look and a follow!
Here are the rules:
- 1. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
- 2. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
- 3. No tag backs.
- 4. Nominees must have under 200 followers on any platform.
- 5. You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.
- 1.If you can have any famous or not so famous person, living or dead around to dinner. Who do you pick and what vegan meal do you make for them?
- - I'm not the biggest into "famous people" so this one is a bit difficult to answer. I think that I would invite Harley aka Durianrider because he is the reason I got into the vegan high carb movement and motivated me to start this blog. I would serve him my Eggplant and Butternut Curry with mountains of rice.
- 2. What’s one non-vegan dessert you’ve always wanted to make vegan?
- - This is a tough one because most of my fave's I've already had vegan. BUT I haven't personally attempted the butter tart. Mostly because I am not exactly sure how I'd make it low fat.
- 3. What is you favourite vegetable?
- - My favorite veggie would have to be.... mushrooms? I know they're not "technically" a veg though... So let's say corn.
- 4. What is your favourite month of the year and why?
- - My favorite month of the year is a tie betweeen March and July. March because its spring AND my birthday, July because its the peak of summer.
- 5. What inspired you to create your blog?
- - I have a few things that inspired me to do my blog. I saw that there wasn't too many high carb oil free blogs out there and with a little motivation from my partner, family and Harley/Freelee via their videos and at WFF, I jumped on and started it. Also, I LOVE food.
- 6. What is your favourite way to relax after a long day?
- - Making dinner. Something about cooking is very therapeutic for me.
- 7. What is your favourite cooking book?
- - Since I've been moving so much, I don't really have one at the moment.
- 8. What is your favourite herb or spice?
- - Cumin or any kind of hot pepper "powder".
- 9. Who is your favourite author?
- Hm. Picking one favorite (as you've noticed) isn't the easiest thing for me. I've really enjoyed Diana Gabalgon's work and Phillipa Gregory's historical novels are a guilty pleasure of mine.
- 10. What’s one kitchen item you would like to have?
- - A Chef's Knife set.
Okay so my nominee's are:
That took awhile... They are a bunch of blogs that caught my eye on the randommofo.com generator.
1. What is an ingredient that you would love to have, but can't find?
2. What's your absolutely essential kitchen tool?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world for one meal, where would you go and what would you eat?
4. If money was not an issue, what would you do?
5. Whats your favorite post on your own blog?
6. Who inspired you to start cooking?
7. What's your favorite movie?
8. Imagine having the catering contract for a huge event for 500 people, what would you serve?
9. Which dish have you always wanted to make vegan?
10. What other hobbies do you enjoy?
Link back when you've posted!